Components and Hardware
High grade Components – Not all doors are equal
All our door components are carefully selected to ensure lasting quality. Below is an overview of what goes into your new Fortis aluminium door.
- Profiles – Our German profile supplier is the market leader in the field of high-grade, modular aluminium systems for the building shell. Thanks to their great passion for perfect engineering, they continue to set standards and guarantee top product and service quality.
- Aluminium door plates – 5000 series aluminium alloy offers extremely good resistance to both seawater corrosion and industrially polluted atmospheres. Higher in strength typically used in applications in market sectors such as marine, oil & gas, chemical and nuclear. At Fortis – we machine our plates in house using state of the art plant to ensure a long lasting, precise door plate that will withstand the elements.
- Locking – FUHR since 1859. The core business of FUHR is the development and production of high-quality and secure multipoint locking systems for house, object and apartment doors. The FUHR brand stands for high quality standards and consistent further development with the aim of reliably protecting property and increasing operating comfort at the door. Secured by Design tested locks.
- Security – Our 3* star cylinders provide the maximum level of lock security, offering un-paralleled protection against the most common methods of lock attack. Accredited with the British Kitemark, TS007 3*, Secured by Design and Sold Secure Diamond Standards. The 3* Cylinder has been rigorously tested to withstand all known methods of attack such as lock snapping, bumping, picking, drilling & manipulation. Comes as thumb-turn as standard, option of key / key. 5 high security keys as standard with the option to buy more.
- Handles and Hardware – 304 and 316 grade stainless steel is all we use on our aluminium entrance doors, salt spray tested for up to 1000 hours. 3 star high security lock cylinders as standard.
- Glass – Triple glazed, laminated on both sides for security and SoftCoat low E internal pane argon filled for energy efficiency. Fully wet sealed.
- Access control – Award winning biometric systems, smart home integration and electronic locking from Europe’s premier manufacturers.
- Powder coating – Fortis doors work only with Qualicoat licensed powder coat finishers. QUALICOAT has established Specifications defining minimum requirements for plant and equipment, coating materials and finished products. All requirements in the Specifications must be met before a quality label can be granted. The perfect finish for every Fortis aluminium door every time.
INTERNAL DOORS AND HINGES
NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
We would like to retain some of the information gathered from you (it will be stored on a password protected hard drive), for the purposes of keeping in touch and updating you with relevant information. This information will never be shared with a 3rd party without your direct consent. By clicking ‘Subscribe’ you understand and agree with us retaining this information to contact you.